After nearly 1/3 of the team was wiped out due to illness, we will get back on the horse and get some marks and compete @ the Olympic Oval. For a little preview the distance crew will be headed down to race on the "big oval" this Friday. 3 more athletes qualified for the Simplot Games.
Utah Distance Challenge
Friday – January 28, 2011 at the Olympic Oval (5662 Cougar Lane, Kearns)
4:00 pm Track open for warm-up
5:00 pm Girls 1600m
5:30 pm Boys 1600m
6:00 pm Girls 400m
6:20 pm Boys 400m
6:40 pm Girls 800m
7:05 pm Boys 800m
7:30 pm Girls 3200m
7:45 pm Boys 3200m
$5 per athlete—covers all events; no cost for coaches and spectators
1. We will run the fast heat first in each event. Races will not begin before the scheduled time, but may start late based on the number of participants.
2. ¼ inch pyramid spikes (or smaller). Spikes may only be worn on the track surface. Please remove your spikes when leaving the track.
3. Athletes need to be at the starting line for check-in 15 minutes prior to their event.
4. We have permission from the Olympic Oval to bring in our own food, but need to be sure to clean up after ourselves.
5. Runners from states other than Utah are invited to participate.
Questions – Contact Corbin Talley (801-580-8713) or email@example.com
Results will be printed at the meet, and will also be posted on www.davisindoortrack.blogspot.com